Paramount Pictures has announced the home video release for their G.I. Joe: Retaliation. The film will be available on Blu-ray, DVD, and On Demand on July 30 and will arrive on digital platforms two weeks earlier, on July 16.
The Blu-ray combo pack is set to include:
– Commentary by director Jon M. Chu and producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura
– Mission Briefing—A look at pre-production, previsualization, storyboards and more.
– Deployment— As filming begins we take a closer look at the stunts, costumes and more.
– Two Ninjas—Focus on two G.I. JOE favorites, SNAKE EYES and JINX, and the filming of the Dojo sequence.
– The Desert Attack—An in-depth look at the filming of this pivotal action sequence.
COBRA Strikes—Highlights of the villains featured in the film.
– The Lone Soldiers—Behind-the-scenes as ROADBLOCK, FLINT and LADY JAYE go on the run.
– The Monastery—An examination of the Himalayan escape sequence.
– Fort Sumter—An all-access view of the epic climax.
– Deleted Scenes
Directed by Jon M. Chu, the film features a diverse ensemble that includes D.J. Cotrona, Byung-hun Lee, Adrianne Palicki, Ray Park, Jonathan Pryce, Ray Stevenson, Channing Tatum, Bruce Willis and Dwayne Johnson.
With James Mangold’s The Wolverine hitting theaters on July 26, fans are eager for their first look at the Marvel Comics adaptation. Although speculation had previously pointed to a teaser debuting with this week’s A Good Day to Die Hard, it looks like the wait will be just a little bit longer.
ComingSoon.net/SuperHeroHype has learned that, while plans could still change, the teaser is now targeting a debut with the March 29 release G.I. Joe: Retaliation.
Mangold himself confirmed via Twitter the late March debut.
“Tell me you think we’re lame after you see the teaser,” he wrote last night. “At least then you will be critiquing images from the film, not a marketing window… From end of March till release, you’ll be saturated. Relax, yuk. I’ve never found the coolest people are the first to arrive at a party.”
Starring Hugh Jackman, Will Yun Lee, Svetlana Khodchenkova, Hiroyuki Sanada, Hal Yamanouchi, Tao Okamoto, Rila Fukushima and Brian Tee, The Wolverine finds Logan, the eternal warrior and outsider, in Japan. There, samurai steel will clash with adamantium claw as Logan confronts a mysterious figure from his past in an epic battle that will leave him forever changed.