If you are planning to give your bathroom a makeover without the hassle and expense of a complete remodel, then you can do so by replacing accessories and fixtures that have been there in your bathroom for years. But, if you decide to replace the old faucets, towel rail, shower head, and other things, make sure not to forget the toilet seat because the way it transforms your bathroom, nobody else does. The best toilet seat for your bathroom is the one that matches the existing color schemes and décor. When you go through the number of options available in the ‘toilet’ niche, you will be amazed to see such a huge variety, which can easily confuse you. However, you can check out reviews of best toilet seats by consumer reports.
There are a few things that you need to keep in mind when buying a toilet for the bathroom:
- Round or oval – There are two types of toilet seats available in the market, round and oval. You can decide which one you want to get, as both have different dimensions.
- Wood or plastic – If you are like most people who love the warm, luxurious look of a wooden toilet seat, then you can easily find a toilet seat in a wooden finish. Then, there are toilets with a plastic finish as well, which are less expensive and quite durable.
- Cost – Different types of toilet seats have different costs, so if you opt for plastic toilet seats, then these will be less expensive compared to wooden toilet seats.
- Comfort – Wooden seats are warmer than plastic ones, but some people prefer the texture of plastic toilet seats.
- Durability – All modern toilet seats are quite durable, but wooden seats are known for their strength, thanks to the use of molded wood.
- Ease of cleaning – Since all toilet seats come with a scratch-resistant finish, you won’t have to spend a lot of time cleaning them, especially plastic toilet seats.