A digital marketing consultant is basically an external advisor who is an expert in leveraging various digital marketing channels to generate desired results for an online business.
The services of a digital marketing consultant vary based on your specific business needs. For example, he/she can help with:
- Reputation Management
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Marketing
- One-to-One Coaching to Business Owners & Entrepreneurs
Image Source: Google
The role of a marketing consultant is a diverse one, it involves different areas of marketing and business. Major responsibilities of a consultant include:
- Find new ways for the business to engage with existing customers and attract new ones using digital mediums.
- Perform an evaluation of existing marketing, such as social media, SEO, email marketing, etc, and create an integrated marketing strategy.
- Improve customer engagement and communication, a great tool for this is social media campaigns that can involve various social media platforms. (paid and organic)
- Plan & Manage marketing campaigns run via search, social media, mobile, etc.
- Use analytics to monitor success and ensure that optimal results are achieved. At the bare minimum, this would include Google Analytics, Google search console, and Heat map user tracking and recording.
- Train your marketing team for new trends and technology in the field of digital marketing.
Every business big or small is aware that they need to market to reach out to their target audience.