Nowadays, wireless connections are very useful to people as they can connect their smartphones, laptops to the wireless connection and can enjoy high-speed internet. But for a wireless connection, we need a router that is capable of sending wireless signals. So, choosing the right router is important. When buying a router, make sure to search for these features: Router with antennas, which have the latest form of wireless encryption, i.e. WPA2, transfer speed up to 450 Mbps. Now, after purchasing your new router follow these steps mentioned below on How to set up Wi-Fi Connection.
- Plug-in your router and then connect it to your modem. Look for the port at the back of your Router named WAN/WLAN/Internet. Using an Ethernet cable, connect this port to the modem.
- Now to configure your Router, launch your web browser and type the web address of Router. Check the manual book of your Router to find Web Address. You will be asked to enter username and password. Refer the manual book again to find credentials.
- Enter your IP address and DNS information from your internet service provider. Most routers will fill this section automatically. If it does not, contact your ISP.
- Set up your SSIDs and passwords. Go to the wireless section then, set up a username and password of your choice and choose WPA2 as security.
- Go to the bottom, and tap on the Apply option.
- Now, you can enjoy your wireless connection.